This 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo is finished in black over black leather, and was delivered new through Autohaus Porsche. Factory options include a rear wiper, cruise control, an alarm, and an electric sunroof. Its previous owner purchased the car in 2010 with 119k miles, and recently traded it in to the selling dealer on another Porsche. The odometer now shows 127,700 miles, and power comes from a turbocharged 2.5L I4 paired with a 5-speed transaxle. Service records are included, and reportedly indicate over $20k spent since 2010, including a rebuilt top-end and major service at 119k miles as detailed below. Modifications include a performance ECU chip and an aftermarket CD player. This 951 is now being offered at no reserve with the service file, a clear Carfax, and a clean Pennsylvania title.
According to the seller, the hood and nose of this 944 Turbo were previously repainted to correct road wear. Current imperfections include a ding near the driver’s door handle, a touched-up 3″ scratch on the driver’s rear fender, stone chips on the side-view mirrors and lower front bumper, faded door edge guards, and some checking on the 3M stone guards.
Factory ‘phone dial’ alloy wheels remain fitted, and are currently mounted with a set of Fuzion tires. Each corner is depicted in the gallery.
The black leather upholstery shows some wear and waviness, along with loose stitching around the middle inserts. A few cracks are present in the dashboard near the defroster vents, and the shift knob is also worn.
An aftermarket CD player is fitted, and the mechanical odometer currently shows just under 127,700 miles, which is backed up by the Carfax and included maintenance records.
The turbocharged 2.5L I4 developed 220 horsepower at 5,800 rpm and 243 lb-ft of torque at 3,500 rpm when new, and the ECU has been fitted with a performance (1.5 bar max) chip. The stamped maintenance booklet records servicing at Autohaus Porsche through 67k miles in 1992, and the previous owner serviced the car at Translog in York, Pennsylvania. Over $20k in invoices since 2010 accompany the sale, and reportedly document the following:
- 2010 at 119k–Rebuild top end, new valves, guides, seals, pump, belts, pan gasket, engine mounts, ultrasonic cleaned intercooler, replaced turbo with K26/6, boost control unit, new catalytic converter, flywheel sensors, pads and rotors, tie rod and sway bushings, fuel hoses and Aeroquip, transmission flush, oil service with Swepco 20/50, new plugs, t-belts, alt belt, v-belt, ATE brake fluid, parking brakes, Antifreeze flush, four new V-rated tires,, four-wheel Alignment
- 2011 at 120k–Replace A/C compressor, receiver/dryer, flush and recharge, replace gear shift lever, wiper blades, repair mirror
- 2012 at 121k–Inspect/emissions, window switches, oil change with Swepco 20/50, Adj. timing/balance belts
- 2013 at 122k–Inspect/emissions, battery, steering rack, boots, flush PS fluid, replace time valve
- 2014 at 123,152–Inspect/emissions, adj E-brake, oil change with Swepco 20/50
- 2015 at 124,259–Convert to H4 headlights, inspect/emissions, replace fuel rail line, spark plugs, ignition wires, coil, cap & rotor, Alt. cooling hose, air heater hose, recharge A/C, repair intercooler hose
- 2016 at 125k–New clutch, guide tube, fork bearing, shaft, t/o bearing, resurface flywheel, all new pressure plate and flywheel bolts, new battery, inspect/emissions, oil change with Swepco 20/50, replace DME relay, crank position sensor, new ground cable, heater control valve, flush coolant
- 2017 at 127k–Repair door panel
- 2018 at 127,200–Oil cooler hose, oil line, inspect/emissions, coolant expansion tank and cap, replace alternator, synthetic oil change, inspect/emissions, adjust parking brake
The accident-free Carfax dates back to May 1993 and shows New York ownership until 2010, and Pennsylvania ownership since.